Set on 69 rolling acres overlooking the Hudson River in Sleepy Hollow, New York, our 238-bed, not-for-profit acute care hospital provides outstanding medical and mental healthcare to the residents of Westchester and surrounding communities.
Phelps Mission and vision
Phelps Memorial Hospital Center is dedicated to:
- improving the health of the community we serve;
- sustaining an environment of excellence where medical, social and rehabilitative services are delivered proficiently, efficiently and effectively;
- offering a broad range of preventive, diagnostic and treatment services;
- educating our community to achieve optimal health outcomes and quality of life;
- striving to enhance the personal and professional excellence of our medical, nursing, paraprofessional, technical, administrative and support staff;
- providing comprehensive care in a safe, modern environment where advanced medical techniques and effective management and planning are coupled with the strong Phelps tradition of caring.
Phelps continues to be:
- a financially sound, physically modern and technologically advanced institution whose staff and employees enjoy their work;
- known throughout the region for excellent clinical services and nursing care, measured by satisfied patients and community;
- linked in creative and mutually beneficial ways with our medical staff to provide comprehensive primary health services and an appropriate spectrum of secondary and tertiary services;
- cooperating with other health care institutions to enhance our ability to provide high quality care at reasonable cost.
Phelps Hospital is located in Westchester County, on the Hudson River, 3 miles north of the Tappan Zee Bridge at the juncture of Route 9 and Route 117. It is 25 miles north of New York City. It is easily reached by car, train or bus.
All parking is free on the Phelps campus, including in the parking garage.